- The Department of Chemistry’s research laboratories provide space for more than 70 graduate students, postdoctoral research associates and faculty to conduct research in a safe and spacious environment.
- Between 50-60 publications yearly
- A range of modern instrumentation is available in several instrumentation facilities within the department and across the university, and is well-supported by funds from Virginia’s Higher Education Equipment Trust Fund.
- Access to VCU Libraries with extensive journal holdings, both electronic and print, and a large book collection on various chemical-related topics.
- On average $3M in funding from National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, Research Corporation, NASA, the Department of Defense, the Department of Education and the Jeffress Memorial Foundation.
Our primary research areas are listed on the left. Clicking on those links will show you a list of our faculty who do research in that area.